Nowonder 2014 Newsletter
Due to a temporary change in my responsibilities, I was not able to do as much on the site in Septober.
The time has come to begin the move to a permanent home. These things are all converging.
- The facebook page for Aimable Cats has reached 1,100 likes.
- Opposition to facebook's anti-pet policy is growing and many of us would leave it behind if we could.
- The web host where Aimable Cats began is demonstrating that they are not interested in hosting Drupal sites, as they and their suppliers did not allow the latest security update until 30 hours after hackers had started exploiting it (but not on our site ).
I have registered the new domain, http://www.aimable-c.at/ and have copied things from the old site to the new site. I have disabled new registrations until after the move is complete. This newsletter is being created on the new site only. I have also registered a short URL that will make tweeting and sharing easier once that feature is activated.
The intention is to transfer everything to the new site while keeping all posts intact at the old. The old site will then be used to test out new features before they go live.
There will soon be a crowdfunding campaign to support the new site. Plans include:
- Thank yous for minor support
- Your own @aimable-c.at email address
- Display, sidebar, or classified ad
Keep watching for further details.